Forum

NOTE:  Before you can post messages on this new forum, you will need to register your own username.  Please click the ‘Register’ button and enter your own username and email address.  You will be sent an email which includes a link back to the website to set up your password. You will then be able to login. Click here for more details on Registering/Using the Message Board

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Yorkshire Branch February walk

Sadly our proposed February 13th walk, Aberford to Allerton Bywater, is yet another victim of the Covid restrictions. There would have been problems with it anyway - I recce'd the Aberford - Garforth section recently (The Fly Line) and found that one part of it had become a lake, with all the field drains pouring into it thanks to this very wet winter. There was no way around it, short of jungle-busting through bramble forests, so I had to take a very long detour along a busy road which has no footway. This walk is a right-of-way so should be maintained, and I shall keep an eye on the situation with a view to reporting such a barrier to access.

Jane Ellis.